This is a popular area for top roping and bouldering due to its short approach and established trails ( which help avoid summer poison ivy and rattlesnakes), flat landings, and relative density of well-traveled lines. Enter Castlewood Canyon State Park at its north/western entrance, drive past the pay station for about [0.2?] mile and park at the first lot on the right, which holds about 5 vehicles [if full, there is an additional lot across the street].
From the first-described parking lot, walk up the established trail to the cliff line and cut right/north. Follow a climber’s trail along the base of the cliff for about 100 yards and pass through a corridor.
- The cliff section to your left is the Grocery Store Wall
- Super Mario and the Bloodsport Cave are straight ahead another 50 yards
- The Stagecoach Boulder’s main face is towards you, just downhill and right of the corridor,
- The Fountain Boulder is immediately downhill from the Stagecoach Boulder,
- The South Block is around the corner from the Fountain Boulder about 20 yards
- The Distance Boulder is downhill and left northeast? of the Fountain Boulder about 50 yards